Online gambling in Ghana is booming. This small country in West Africa has a set of clear regulations on gambling that help run this industry in a clear and respectful manner. It is not perfect, but the 2006 Gambling Act was definitely a step up in the
All the legal casinos are concentrated in Accra, the capital of Ghana. With over a third of the population living in the cities, the popularity of gambling is on the rise. As more people move to cities and internet coverage grows, gambling will only increase.
If you want to learn more about Ghana casinos and GHS casinos, read this article.
Top-notch Ghana Casinos
Wazamba4.8 /5Welcome Bonus
- Wazamba launched in 2019
- 4500+ casino games
- Offers VIP Program & Dedicated VIP Manager
SpinBetter4.3 /5Welcome Bonus
- SpinBetter launched in 2018
- 4694+ casino games
- Offers VIP Program & Dedicated VIP Manager
- Videoslots.com launched in 2011
- 1600+ casino games
- Live Dealer
Why CasinoHEX is best to learn about Ghana casinos
There are a lot of online casinos in Ghana and casinos worldwide that accept GHS or Ghana players. Browsing through all of them would take days and often you don’t have that much time to waste.
This is the time CasinoHEX comes into the picture. We employ a lot of experts that test casinos and online slots themselves to form an opinion about them. Our experts have an in-depth understanding of Ghana casinos and monitor the changes in the policies of the industry and the government constantly.
Here is how we vet casinos to appear on our website.
Ghana casino license
Even though Ghana, like many other countries in Africa, does not recognize the legitimacy of local online casinos, there are plenty of them in the country. The ones that have our respect are registered with either Gambling Commission or an EU country that accepts gambling as a legitimate business.
Our experts check this aspect of a new casino first. This ensures all casinos presented in our list are controlled by a regulative body that keeps them accountable in case of a dispute. All the casinos on our website are legal and safe to work with.
The software is at the core of Ghana casinos, so this is the next thing our experts take a closer look at. We see how many software developers are on the list, and how many of them are any good. You know that sometimes having two great developers on the platform is more beneficial than having a dozen or more of those that produce mediocre games.
For instance, many Ghana casinos are run by a single developer, RTG. However, the amount of games is enough to satisfy the pickiest players. Our experts also check if all the latest releases are posted on the casino website soon enough so that our customers can enjoy playing the best games first.
Deposit & withdrawals
The next thing our experts check out is the deposit and withdrawals methods. Different Ghana casinos have very different stances on deposits. While credit cards and bank wire are rather universal, not all people have access to that in Ghana. Especially considering you may have to wait a long line in a bank to make a deposit at your casino.
We calculate what would be the best option for you and let you know how would you benefit from different payment options. Our experts also look into how long does it take to withdraw your funds to a payment system and does the casino in question keeps its word on the payouts. With CasinoHEX, you know how to take the most out of any situation.
Ghana live casinos
To be fair, online slots are a lot of fun. Do you know what is more fun than that? Having a real person talk to you as you make your bets in the privacy of a VIP room. This feature is expensive, but many high rollers prefer to give it a go since this type of online gambling is the closest to a real land-based casino experience.
Our experts gather information on the casinos that have this feature implemented. We check out live casinos personally and report on the quality of the game.
Ghana casino bonuses
Bonuses change all the time. Out experts keep track of what comes and goes in Ghana casinos in terms of their promotions. This allows you to calculate what casinos are going to be the best for you and how to take advantage of their promotion system. We also list the maximum amount of money you can claim from a particular casino and the wagering requirements you have to comply with to make a withdrawal of your bonus funds.
As a nice little bonus, some casinos give us exclusive promotion codes that are only accessible via CasinoHEX. Get educated on how bonus systems work and get more money to gamble.
Ghana casinos support
If you have any problems with a Ghana casino, you’d have to go talk to their support. If the support is bad, you’ll have to wait for days on end for them to answer you. This is why our experts are constantly monitoring how our top casinos’ support service works.
Having great support that answers within a couple of hours and provides you with a helpful answer is crucial to having a good score in our system.
Ghana casinos laws and regulations
Ghana has a clear Gambling Act that was motioned into power back in 2006. The best thing about it is that it’s a short document that is easy to navigate. Unlike many other countries’ regulations, Ghana’s gambling law is actually very intuitive and easy to understand. No wonder there are many legal gambling establishments that comply with the law.
Under the Act, Ghana recognizes the legality of land-based casinos (there are a couple of them in Accra), sports betting, land-based slot machines, Bingo, scratch cards, and horse race betting. Unfortunately, online gambling is not legal in Ghana yet, so the casinos that are present in the country operate under other countries’ licenses. The most popular ones are Curacao and Malta. Many Ghana casinos are also licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
Ghana Gambling Commission with Peter Mireku as the Commissioner enforce the laws as written in the Gambling Act. They focus on providing customer service for all legal establishments and gamblers and maintaining a responsible attitude to gambling, especially among the youth.
The history of gambling in Ghana
Since Ghana gained independence for the UK back in 1957, the country has implemented a range of laws. It started with the Lotteries and Betting Act in 1960, and it took another three major reforms to get to the Gambling Act of 2006 that is still in power to this day.
Now, Ghana hosts land-based casinos like Piccadilly and Golden Dragon casino for the high rollers, and a wide network of sports betting establishments and video slots in small venues like bars and brick-and-mortar stores.
Online sports betting in Ghana
Sports betting is a big deal in Ghana. There are a lot of licensed bookies who take bets of all sorts, from low rollers and high rollers alike. They are all centered in the cities and have tons of clientele from young people.
Those who don’t want to wait in the line at the bookies’ use one of the tons of online sports betting websites that work with Ghana.
- Are online casinos legal in Ghana?
- No, they’re not technically legal. However, you can still access online casinos that are licensed by another country. Even though the law doesn’t include online casinos in the list of legal activities, there is little to no prosecution of players. Still, you play at your own risk, and CasinoHEX doesn’t encourage breaking the law. We only provide you with the information that makes your gambling a safer choice.
- Is registration at Ghana online casinos free?
- As of today, no Ghana casino requires you to pay any fees upon registration. If anything, Ghana casinos are willing to pay for joining. Look up the list of casinos in Ghana to see what kind of bonuses are they offering.
- How safe is it to gamble at Ghana online casinos?
- Gambling at Ghana casinos presented on our website is the safest way to go. Read the first chapter of this article to learn how we vet casinos before recommending them to you.
- Is it safe to download Ghana online casino desktop app?
- Our experts check all the software on viruses and performance. You can trust those websites that we list on CasinoHEX.
- Can I get a bonus and start playing right away?
- Yes, you can! Depending on the kind of bonus you’re applying for, you may need to make a deposit to get the funds first. You get it automatically and can gamble right away.
- Can I deposit in GHS?
- Yes, we list the casinos that take GHS as a deposit and withdrawal method on our website. Read the casino reviews to learn which accept GHS.
- Can I gamble from mobile in Ghana casinos?
- Sure! Most casinos we offer you to take a closer look at, have the mobile application. Depending on the casino in question, you can download the app from the website, or by scanning a QR code on the page.