Many people wrongly believe that using South African Rand in online casinos is worse than using a commonly accepted currency like USD or EUR. There is no difference, to be fair. Yes, it is true that some casinos do not accept Rand and require you to pay in other currencies. However, not all casinos do that. Playing at Rand casinos is a good option if you live in South Africa. South African casinos take Rands as both deposit and withdrawal methods.
You might have already gambled at a good casino that doesn’t accept Rands. Don’t worry. There are plenty of good ZAR casinos online that will serve you just right. No need to pay extra exchange fees every time you make a deposit or a withdrawal. You’ll be served with the highest quality in many decent places.
This guide to ZAR casinos shows you all you need to know about Rand casino websites in SA. You will find information on what are the best payment options for making deposits in Rand casinos, what is the best way to withdraw, and how to make a transaction. The last one is given in the form of an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide.
Do you have doubts about using a ZAR in a casino online, or want to exchange your Rand to USD to play at a casino you like? Don’t rush. Read the list of benefits of using Rands at casinos, and you may change your mind.
Where to Gamble for Rand?
How to Gamble with Rands?
Yes, South African rands are not as popular as some of the other currencies like US dollars. Still, you can find a lot of South African Rand casinos that gladly accept Rand as a payment method, so you don’t have to worry about exchanges. But before you go ahead and deposit at a Rand casino, you have to choose an optimal way of making a deposit. This allows you to save a couple of Rands on each transaction and make transactions easier.
Safety of ZAR Casino Payments
Many online casinos accepting ZAR are based in South Africa, so it’s only expected they offer Rand as a payment method. Gaming platforms acquire licenses from reputable international bodies, such as the Curacao Gaming Authority. These certificates confirm they run a legit business as a Rand casino, guaranteeing it’s safe to play the available games.
Additional Fees & Commissions
Rand casinos usually don’t require extra fees to process your deposits. However, they might charge a service fee for processing a withdrawal request. Players must consider third-party charges, too. Your bank or another payment provider might require a fee for the services of depositing or withdrawing money to a casino.
Payout Time in ZAR Online Casinos
ZAR online casinos put maximum effort into delivering your money quickly. The staff often processes withdrawals within 24 hours. But depending on the casino and the payment method, it could take longer. Some platforms have a pending withdrawal time, during which you can cancel your request. If you don’t use that chance, the agents process your request. That could take from a couple of hours to several working days.
What Are the Payment Methods for Rand Casino Deposits?
Most Rand casinos will offer you a multitude of options upon your deposit. This includes credit cards, e-wallets or prepaid cards. Most places offer other ways of making deposits in addition to these core ones. What you can find below is a list of all payment methods that you can use at a Rand casino.
- Credit cards: In absolutely all Rand casinos, you will find an option to pay with your Visa or Mastercard. They are common all around the world and have become the global default payment method. Many gamblers use credit cards to make a deposit at Rand casinos, and you can join them without giving it a second thought.
- Skrill: One of the most popular ways of making a deposit at an RSA gambling website is Skrill. The platform makes a point of marketing itself as a gambling solution. It is widely accepted in South Africa, and most ZAR online casinos accept it. One of the main advantages of using Skrill is that you don’t have to exchange your money to make a deposit. Neteller, for instance, only operates with EUR, so you end up paying an exchange fee to the platform. Nothing of this sort exists in Skrill. Making payments online with Skrill costs 1.45% of the total transaction sum. Topping up will cost you around 2% in fees, with Visa being a less costly variant.
- Neteller: With Neteller, you will have to pay a conversion fee both ways for topping up the payment system’s account and for withdrawing funds to a South African bank. This would cost you some extra because regular bank transfers are only available in the EU. However, Neteller allows you to withdraw funds without passing through KYC, as Skrill does. The total amount of money you can withdraw from an unverified account is R7,500.
- EasyEFT: It is the most South African way to make a deposit in the best ZAR online casino. This company was started by South Africans and works only in this country as of today. The whole premise of EasyEFT is that you can make electronic funds transfer from your bank account via the internet. The fees are low, and most South African banks are signed in. If you want to use your bank account to top up a Rand casino, this is your choice.
- Paysafecard: It is accepted at a couple of Rand casinos as well. However, this is not the best way to make a deposit. Sure, it can be used to pay discreetly, but the thing is, you can’t easily buy Paysafecard vouchers in South Africa. If you decide to pay with a Paysafecard prepaid card, you have to either purchase a voucher at a single retailer in the whole of South Africa or buy a voucher released for a European country online. Generally, they are overpriced, so you end up paying a lot more than you should.
How to Make Casino Deposits with Rand?
Below are the steps that will help you to deposit to a selected online casino in Rands.
- Choose the desired Rand online casino. The operators recommended on this page all have ZAR among the available payment methods. Pick the platform that offers your favorite games, exciting bonus, or other intriguing features.
- Register an account. You need a valid account to play in ZAR casinos. Always use accurate information since identity verification will be necessary at some point. If not during the registration, then before you submit a withdrawal request.
- Pick the desired deposit method. Some casinos only offer limited options when using ZAR. Pay attention to the processing time since not all methods might offer instant deposits.
- Enter the details and finalize the transaction. Add information like how much to invest, payment method data, etc. Double-check everything and finalize the transfer when ready.
In most Rand casinos, there should be no problems whatsoever with making a deposit. The only thing you need is to find online casinos accepting ZAR. If a casino accepts South African Rands as a currency, the procedure should be quite formal and be the same as with other currencies.
First off, you have to look for a high-quality online casino ZAR that you can trust. Now, you may think it is difficult, and it’s true that Rand is not the most widespread currency in the world. Nor do all casinos take them as a payment method. However, finding one is not a big deal. You can choose from plenty of local and international ZAR casino South Africa brands on our website.
Once you’re on the website and choose to make a deposit, you will be presented with a list of deposit options. Pick the one that suits you best and continue. Please note that some casinos offer additional bonuses to deposits made with a certain payment system. Check for these bonuses before making a deposit.
After choosing your payment option, you have to fill in all the information on the checkout page. If you are paying with your credit card, this includes the 16-digit number, the expiration date, and the CVC code. For other payments, this means entering your email and password. Along with that, you fill in the sum you want to deposit and a coupon code to get some bonus money. In most cases, Rand casinos give the most on the first three deposits, so be sure to do a bit of research before making your first deposit.
Note that not all payment options will grant you an instant deposit. Bitcoin, for instance, can take up to 10 minutes to process. If you are paying with a credit card or Skrill, you should be alright, though.
Are you a South African gambler abroad? You have to double-check the availability of payment methods. In some countries, your favorite payment option may be unavailable. Others, however, can be more accessible.
What Are the Benefits of Gambling with South African Rands?
Check out why you should try playing in South African Rand casinos:
- Save money. The local currency allows depositing with a debit or credit card directly. It saves money you would spend on the exchange rates when using another currency.
- Save time. Direct deposits from your cards are fast. They save time compared to uploading funds to an e-wallet.
- Always know how much you are betting. The exchange rates change, especially with crypto tokens. So, you might need to calculate how much to invest each day. But with Rand gambling, you are always sure how much you bet (and perhaps win).
- The withdrawals are simple. They could even be faster if you use the local currency.
- There’s no disadvantage. It’s vital to note that you can still compete for jackpots and enjoy games from top developers. That confirms Rand has no real downsides.
Best Online Casinos with SA Rands in 2022
Finding your way among the crowded market of South African Rand online casinos could be tricky. That’s where CasinoHEX comes to the rescue. We picked the best Rand casinos and listed them below. Your only task is to pick the favorite and begin playing at a trustworthy site!
|Rand Casino||Welcome Bonus||Minimum Deposit|
|ZAR||200% up to R15,000 + 100 free spins||R55|
|Yebo||Up to R12,000 + 30 free spins||R50|
|Punt||Up to R10,000||R50|
|Galaxyno||Up to R22,500 + 180 free spins||R300|
|Casino Days||100% match up to R10,000 + 100 free spins on the Book of Dead||R400|
|Tusk||100% match up to R5,000 + 100 free spins||R50|
|Yeti||100% match up to R3,333 + 50 free spins on the Book of Dead||R100|
|Spin247||100 Free Spins||R50|
|FatBet||100% up to R25,000||R100|
Rand Casino Bonuses
Best ZAR casinos offer tempting bonuses to their players. That applies to newcomers and those who have been around. The most common deals include:
How to Choose ZAR Casino Sites?
While choosing your favorite online casino Rand platform, pay attention to these five things:
- License and security. The operator must acquire a valid license from a respected industry authority. Vital security features like encrypted transactions help keep your funds and sensitive info safe.
- Rand casino games. How many games are available, and which genres are present on the website? From slots to roulette and live tables, the important thing is your favorites are on the list.
- Payment methods. ZAR is the currency you’ll use, but what about the desired deposit option? Instant deposits are best, and they usually come with a credit card or e-wallet. Apart from deposits, consider the withdrawal methods available.
- Stakes. Casual players enjoy tables with small wagers, but high-rollers look for more excitement. A wide stake selection is the best way to go for an online casino.
- Customer support. If anything goes wrong, relying on staff agents is critical. They should be knowledgeable, patient, and ready to assist.
Rand Online Casino Deposits FAQ
💱 What Advantages Do I Get if I Use Rand Instead of USD?
- You don’t have to waste too much time and money making a deposit. If you convert your deposit into USD, then back into Rand as you make a withdrawal, you end up losing money on conversion fees. Why would you do that if that gives you no additional benefits?
💰 If I Choose South African Rands, Won’t This Limit My Options?
- Sure, there are a lot of Rand casinos that do not accept Rand. To be fair, it’s not the most widespread currency today. You might have seen a casino that you really like that won’t take Rands. But take a look at the list of casinos we offer at CasinoHEX. There are plenty of casinos that accept Rands here. They offer you the same options in terms of slots and game developers as the others do.
🎁 Do Online Casinos List and Pay Their Entry Bonuses in Rands?
- Most casinos would geo-tag your location and show you all the sums in the currency of your home country. South African Rand casinos only show everything in Rand. However, if your casino doesn’t show its bonuses in Rands, don’t worry. If it accepts South African players, it will take your money in Rands and pay your bonuses in the same currency.
⚡ Do I Still Have to Pay Transaction Fees With Rands?
- You still have to pay fees regardless of the currency. However, you don’t pay an exchange fee, so you save up to 5% per payment.
📱 Is There a Mobile Rand Casino Available?
- Yes, the top ZAR casinos are mobile-friendly. The responsive website design allows access from any device. And some casinos designed mobile apps for Android and iOS, which streamline the playing-on-the-go experience. You use the same credentials to access the site, and all your favorite games should also be available on the mobile.