Find the best Nigeria online casinos with CasinoHEX
Nigeria is kind of tough on the gambling market as a whole. Despite the ban on slot machines anywhere except the three legal land-based casinos in the country, the gross gambling revenue exceeded $60 million in 2018. It’s nothing in comparison with the South African gambling industry, but a significant number for a small nation.
While online gambling is illegal as in many other African countries, there is no way to prevent Nigerian gamblers from accessing NGN casinos. Not all casinos take in Nigerian players, but the ones we list do. Read on to find out more about it.
Best Nigeria Online Casinos
|2||11 Free Spins||CasinoJEFE||400+|
|4||400% up to 800 + 50 FS||Royalspinz||375+|
Why CasinoHEX is best to learn about Nigeria casinos
Don’t waste your time searching for a casino that would let you in! Just take a look at the list of casinos in Nigeria that we compiled for you.
CasinoHEX is here to help. We hired a team of professionals to investigate the gambling industry and find the best online casinos in Nigeria and tailor it to your liking. We work hard to ensure you have access to the best casinos and are able to play whatever online slot you want.
Here is how our employees test the casinos before they appear on the website.
Nigeria casino license
You know that online gambling is not legal in Nigeria. How do people access casinos then? The thing is the government does not have the tools necessary to prevent you from entering a casino. So whatever casino you can enter is a fair game.
However, a casino has to be licensed to be held accountable. The odds are you will never have to legally dispute a casino for winnings since all the casinos on our list are trustworthy and pay on time. Despite this, having a license is a great marker that you can trust a casino.
Our experts check Nigerian casinos’ registration papers. Most likely it’s going to be Curacao or Malta license because these countries allow Nigerian casinos and other African gambling establishments to operate within the legal system.
The main thing you are after in any Nigerian casino is the slots themselves. Naturally, this is the thing our experts check with the utmost precision. We take a look at the casino’s mobile and desktop applications to check them on viruses and performance.
Our experts also investigate what developers are present on the platform. It’s not a huge predictor of success. For instance, RTG runs a couple of casinos singlehandedly. However, some players prefer a casino to have a lot of developers, and they deserve to know that.
We also check if all the new releases are loaded on the platform fast enough. We believe that gamblers at Nigerian casinos need to enjoy the hottest new slots as soon as they can.
Deposit & withdrawals
The next step is checking the withdrawal options and ways of making a deposit at a casino. Our experts study what platforms are available, and confirm the complicated details with the casino’s support.
While almost all casinos offer you to make a deposit using your credit card, or a bank account, some people do not have access to them. It may be the case that their bank forbids them from handling any transactions with Nigerian casinos. This is why we are constantly monitoring what your options are and adding new payment options to your favourite casino as soon as they’re available.
Some Nigerian casinos offer you quite a bonus in the form of live casinos. It’s not the option that low rollers would appreciate. However, if you have some extra cash, spending it at a place where a live person talks to you as you make your bets just like in a regular casino feels good.
We review live casino features as well as the regular slots and update you on the changes in what Nigeria casinos offer.
The thing that drives your decision to gamble at a certain casino is the bonus. Some casinos offer straight up welcome bonuses, some require you to make a deposit first, some casinos won’t give any bonuses at all.
To help you navigate the world of bonus systems that different casinos give to players, we monitor their activity and changes in policies. We also gather data on playthrough requirements, the number of times you have to bet in order to be able to make a withdrawal. This helps you choose the best casino for you.
Also, we have unique offers for many Nigerian casinos. Check them out in reviews.
What happens if you have a problem with a casino? You have to talk to their support. What happens if the support doesn’t answer you in time? You have to waste your time that you should be spending on gambling!
This is the reason we check Nigerian casinos’ support as well. We contact them with questions and see how much it takes to respond, and do they respond properly.
Nigeria casinos laws and regulations
The law doesn’t prohibit online gambling in Nigeria directly. The regulatory base is quite clear in the sense that it doesn’t include this type of gambling.
There are two major laws that regulate gambling in Nigeria. The first one is The Gaming Machines Act, motioned into power back in 1977. What it does is outright bans slot machines in Nigeria and outlines measures to be taken to combat them.
The other legal document that legalizes Nigerian casinos is the criminal code. It establishes the legal ways of conducting a gambling business in the country and sets a fine for operating illegally are.
However, the government doesn’t prosecute online casino players. The only thing that you can fear when caught playing an illegal slot machine is a 40 Naira fine. That’s for land-based machines. Catching you playing an online slot is very unlikely.
The history of gambling in Nigeria
Nigeria is not an old country like France, where gambling in casinos dates back to the middle of the 19th century. The history of gambling is not outstanding either.
However, the casinos this country has manage to gather tens of thousands of visitors and generate huge revenue. Sure, this revenue is nothing compared to what Las Vegas generates, but it’s an achievement for a small country.
Online sports betting in Nigeria
Sports betting is one of the few legal gambling activities in Nigeria. The other two are Nigerian casinos and the national lottery. The proceeds from the lottery go into the budget.
As sports betting is legal, there are crowds of people near the bookies’ waiting to place a bet. The industry is booming and makes a significant contribution to $60 million of gross gambling revenue that we presented earlier.
- Are online casinos legal in Nigeria?
- No, Nigerian casinos are only legal if we are talking about the land-based ones. While the regulation in Nigeria is pretty loose as a whole, it does not include online gambling in the list of accepted activities.
- However, it is still possible to gamble online with Naira. The thing is, there are no tools that would prohibit you from registering and playing a casino game at a site holds a license from Curacao or Malta.
- Is registration at Nigerian online casinos free?
- There is no Nigerian casino that would make you pay for the services. It's quite the contrary, they pay you to join! The casinos we present on our website offer bonuses for joining the platform as well as for making deposits. Just take a look at our list to see how much are they willing to pay.
- How safe is it to gamble at Nigeria online casinos?
- Gambling is always a risk because you can lose money. However, you won’t lose money due to fraud if you gamble at the casinos we offer on our list. As you might have seen above, we value our client’s time and provide you with all the necessary information to choose the best casino.
- Is it safe to download the Nigerian online casino desktop app?
- Yes, you are safe with the casinos you choose from the list. We run checks on them to ensure there is no malware that you should be afraid of.
- Can I get a bonus and start playing right away?
- Sure, we list casinos that give you no-deposit bonuses. All you have to do is just register and play the slot game you love. Most casinos offer you either a small sum of money you can spend or free spins.
- Can I deposit in Naira?
- Check our list for casinos that take Naira as a payment option, this is stated in every casino review. If your casino doesn’t take the currency, you can easily exchange it online in a payment system like Skrill.
- Can I gamble from mobile in Nigerian casinos?
- The majority of casinos offer some form of mobile gambling. You can either use the instant play on your smartphone or download an app.