Today, we have all the possible ways to play casino games. We can go to the offline casino and play poker around the real table with other players. We can turn on the computer and play slots in one of the best online mobile casinos for South African players. We can even switch to the live casino mode and connect to the real studio with the dealers streaming the gaming process. But the fastest way to play your favorite casino games is mobile gambling. With a casino for mobile, you can win real money in a South African online casino wherever you are and anytime you want — all you need is your mobile device and Internet connection.
List of new mobile casinos reviewed by CasinoHEX in December 2023 (updated once a month):
|New Mobile Casino||Welcome Bonus|
|R22500 + 180 FS|
|100% up to R8000|
|100% up to 250 USDT|
Top 10 South African Mobile Casinos
- Best Mobile Casinos in South Africa
- How We Review Mobile Casinos
- iPhone vs. Android vs. Windows Mobile Casinos
- Mobile Casino Bonuses for South Africans
- Casino Games to Play Using Mobile Devices
- Deposit and Withdrawals at Mobile Casinos
- How to Start Playing at Mobile Casinos?
- How to Download Mobile Casino?
- FAQ about Mobile Casinos
For those who know nothing about mobile casino online games, we’ve created this page where you’ll find all the important information about South African mobile casinos, for example, Springbok casino mobile online, the games you can play for real money and for fun and all the mobile casino-related stuff. So if you were wondering how to play your favorite mobile slots but didn’t know where to start — keep reading to find the answers about online casino South Africa mobile opportunities.
Why Is a Mobile Casino Better Than a Regular Online Casino?
We love regular real money online casinos with all our hearts, but there are times when a phone casino is much more convenient. To play casino games in your regular online casino, you need to stay at home and sit in front of your computer. With an online casino South Africa mobile, things are truly getting mobile. Now you can spin the reels in your favorite progressive jackpot slots while drinking your morning coffee in the nearest bakery, make several poker bets on your way to the office, or play a couple of baccarat hands during your lunch break, and it’s all thanks to real money casino apps South Africa. Instant play mobile casinos are eliminating all the borders between you and online casino games, making them available 24/7.
Best Mobile Casinos in South Africa [December 2023]
How CasinoHEX Team Reviews Mobile Casinos for SA Players in 2023
The CasinoHEX team’s main goal is to find the best gambling platforms to use on portable devices. We analyzed the entire SA gaming market. BelowHere are the factors we use when reviewing platforms and making mobile online casinos South Africa 2023 list!
- Licenses and certificates. As professionals, we make sure that each online casino mobile brand we mention is legit. That means they have the required licenses for offering their services online. Some casinos even have certificates that their games are fair and based strictly on chance. That way, we know the casino is transparent and complies with all relevant regulations.
- Security and data protection. You don’t want sensitive data to end up leaking from the chosen casino. That’s why brands need to offer premium protection of their servers, such as SSL. Additionally, Know Your Customer programs and other measures should be implemented to maximize data protection and prevent fraud.
- Available games. The gaming selection can vary from one mobile casino SA to another. Some platforms don’t offer the same games on their mobile versions. We make sure to pick only brands that have an equally impressive gaming selection as on desktop. Additionally, we check what games are available. Can you enjoy progressive jackpot games or table games like poker and blackjack? Is live gaming an option? All of these can help you to pick your favorite provider.
- Ease of use. Even if it’s your first visit, the best mobile casino South Africa has to offer will ensure you feel comfortable immediately. That means the layout should be clean and menus simple to navigate around the site. The page loading times should also be as short as possible.
- Bonuses. Mobile casinos for real money actually face huge competition. That’s why they offer deposit bonuses to attract new players. Our team looks for platforms that have the most tempting promotion schemes. Whether you are a new or loyal customer, you’ll be happy with the range of offers available.
- Payment simplicity. You don’t want it to be a trouble to deposit funds to the desired casino. That’s why you should have a variety of payment methods available. They should be instant and free, and withdrawals should also be as fast as possible.
- Customer support. You might have a payment problem or want to learn more about a website’s features. The agents should be ready to respond quickly. It helps if you have multiple ways of contacting support. Are they available via phone, live chat, or e-mail?
Mobile Casino Apps VS In-Browser Gaming
You have two methods of playing in mobile casinos in South Africa. The first involves typing the address of the gaming platform in your device’s web browser. Most ZAR mobile casinos have a responsive design, which means the site’s appearance will adjust to your gadget. Although the providers tried hard to optimize the experience, it will depend on your browser and the device. Things can get a bit clunky, which is why it might be better to install a mobile casino app. But please note not all mobile casinos in South Africa have a specialized app to download.
Specialized apps are available for Android, iOS, and Windows online mobile casinos. You download them from the provider’s website or the app store on your operating system. The app offers a customized interface, which ensures a streamlined experience while playing. You can use all the same games and features. Check out the quick comparison below!
|Criteria||Mobile casino apps||In-browser gaming|
|Convenience||You start an app by clicking on it||Opening the browser and navigating to the casino is time-consuming|
|Functionality||All games and features available||All games and features available|
|Ease of use||An adjusted interface||The interface can be a bit clunky|
|Device space||Apps don’t take up much space||No additional room needed|
Ultimately, it’s your call whether you will play via mobile casino apps online or use the in-browser version. Both options are free, which matters the most. And while apps should provide an improved interface, you can still enjoy playing from the browser. It can be a fine alternative if you appreciate the additional space on your device.
Mobile Devices That Are Compatible with Online Casinos
The range of possible devices usually depends on the mobile casino and the games you want to play, but the best and the largest mobile casinos South Africa has on the market are compatible with most of the existing mobile devices. It means you can play casino games using your iPhone, all kinds of Android smartphones, iPad, and other different types of tablets and a Windows Phone. Some of the games will look better on the iPhone, some will work faster on tablets, but basically, you can use all of them and feel completely fine.
It’s worth noting that most mobile casinos offer their services to Apple users with an iPhone 4 and later versions. You can even use the first iPad with the most real money and free mobile casino games. Some will require you to update to the new version of the software before you continue to play. The updates are free, so you won’t have to pay anything to access the update to access South African online mobile casinos.
Casinos will accept your Android device even if it’s in the lower tier of devices. If you have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra or Huawei P50 Pro, that’s great. However, you don’t really need all that power for a mobile casino. You can get away with a cheaper model like Samsung Galaxy Core2 and run your app just fine. However, your mobile device will need to have an adequate amount of space to install the app. The good news is that South African mobile casinos have software that doesn’t take a lot of room. However, make sure to leave a little more than specified because the app will need to save some data in the process.
It’s a bit more complicated with Blueberry online casinos. They are not as plentiful. You won’t be able to click on a website and be sure it takes your phone. You’ll have to do a bit of research before. Still, there are a lot of them, and you won’t be much limited.
The rule of thumb, when you are trying to tell whether your smartphone can run a mobile casino, is as follows. If your phone is old and damaged and can’t run any Google Play game properly, you probably won’t be able to run it. If it can run a game without glitching, it will take on a casino as well. Some Android online mobile casino apps require installation directly from the brand’s website because you can’t find them in the Google Play store. You can rest assured the software is safe if you stick to reliable platforms. And there is always the option of visiting Android mobile casino sites instead of using the app.
Mobile Casinos for iPhone (iOS)
Apple has been a major player in the smartphone market with its iPhone for years. The latest model iPhone 13, is another big hit among users. It isn’t surprising that mobile casinos South Africa offer impressive support for iPhone and other Apple devices.
If you have an iOS operating system installed on your device, you can visit iPhone casinos and enjoy a premium gaming experience. Casino games look perfect on Apple’s devices, which is another reason to use them for mobile gambling. If there is an app for the desired casino, you will find them in the official App Store on your device.
Android Mobile Casinos
They say roughly 90% of all smartphone users have this operating system. Many major brands use Android as their OS, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG, etc. Gaming developers understand that Android casinos have a high potential.
That’s why you can choose from a huge number of platforms available. You can download Android apps from the official website of the casino or the Google Play store.
Windows Mobile Casinos
While the number of Windows Phone users isn’t as big as those who use iOS and Android, they still matter. Owners of phones who use this operating system can mostly count on responsive website designs of mobile casinos in South Africa.
The apps aren’t that often, but what’s important is the support for portable devices. You can activate your internet browser and head to the desired mobile online casino to start playing today.
The Best Mobile Casino Bonuses for South Africans
The critical thing to note is that mobile casino bonuses are identical or even better than those offered on PC. Most platforms decide to keep the same promotion range regardless of the device. But if you come across a brand that promotes its new mobile app, you might get a special free no deposit bonus for installing it. Apart from that, new players can count on the following deals!
Welcome Bonuses in Mobile Casinos
If you are a frequent online casino player, you know that all online casinos which go mobile offer special bonuses to their customers. Moreover, some casinos offer a special mobile casino bonus to those who decide to create an account in their mobile app. If you are a frequent online casino player, you know that all SA online casinos which go mobile offer special bonuses to their customers. Moreover, some casinos offer a special mobile casino bonus to those who decide to create an account in their mobile app. To check this information, go to the casino Terms & Conditions section or just keep your eye on the banners that pop up when you open the mobile casino website or app.
The welcome bonus will include different things depending on the chosen online mobile casino. Some platforms will grant you boosts only for registering. Others require depositing, and many welcome packages cover multiple initial deposits. You can also expect free spins for selected slots.
Mobile Casino No Deposit Bonus
If you want to try a new South African mobile casino, this bonus is a great deal. It’s also convenient if it’s your first time playing online. You can test the website and check how the games work without investing any money.
You get the mobile casino no deposit bonus South Africa gaming platforms offer by registering to the site. That’s the only requirement, although you can only use this bonus once per person. Most mobile casinos with no deposit bonus will release your reward as soon as you register. Some websites require you to contact customer support to receive your bonus funds. The no deposit bonus might include vouchers for particular games or free spins to use on promoted slots.
Mobile Casino Deposit Match Bonuses
Unlike the previous boost, this offer will require depositing to the chosen online mobile casino South Africa has available. The deposit match bonus involves matching your investment on the website. The percentage might vary, but the most frequent one is a 100% match. That means the casino will double up your deposit.
The percentage can vary from 25% to 300%, depending on the casino. Some welcome packages cover multiple first deposits. For example, you can get 100% first deposit match, 50% on second, and 25%for the third investment. All these extra funds are bonus money and come with wagering requirements. That means you need to wager them a certain amount of times before withdrawing.
Casino Games to Play Using Mobile Devices
If you can play a casino game on PC, you’ll also be able to play it in the best mobile casinos. The developers use HTML5 or Flash technology to make this possible. Here is what casino games you can play on portable devices:
- Online mobile slots. If you love spinning the reels, you can pick from hundreds of different titles by different developers.
- Mobile roulette. This high-paced game where you need to guess where the ball will land is also available on portable devices.
- Online poker. You can enjoy Texas Hold’em and other poker variations on the go.
- Mobile blackjack. Blackjack is a popular casino game, and its different versions are available on portable devices.
- Baccarat. This is another famous card game you’ll learn quickly.
- Craps. If you like dice games, craps can be fun and exciting.
- Mobile bingo and keno. These games involve matching the numbers on your tickets with the ones drawn.
- Mobile lotto. Lotteries are popular worldwide, and you can try them on the go, too.
- Scratchcards. This is an instant-win game that involves revealing the symbols on the card and matching the right combination.
How to Play Mobile Casino Games
To play games at real money mobile casinos, you need to follow these 5 steps:
- Select a casino brand from the list by CasinoHEX.
- Register an account: add your personal details and confirm an email address.
- Select a convenient deposit method and deposit funds.
- Go to the casino’s game library to pick a nice mobile game.
- Click the “Play” button and start your mobile gambling journey.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods at Mobile Casinos
The actual payment methods available usually don’t have anything to do with the device you are using. You’ll have the same deposit and withdrawal options on PC and portable gadgets. The selection varies on the mobile online casino South Africa that you select.
Paying over mobile is perfectly safe as long as you use a secure internet connection. That means you should avoid public Wi-Fi networks and stick to home or other trustworthy connections. The most common payment methods include:
- Debit and credit cards. The common choice includes Visa and MasterCard.
- Electronic wallets. PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, EcoPayz, and other wallets might be available.
- Cryptocurrencies. You can use popular options like Bitcoin and Ethereum, but also Monero, Dogecoin, and other cryptos.
- Bank transfers. It’s the classic method that isn’t instant but will take a couple of days to process.
- Prepaid voucher. You can only deposit by using Paysafecard and other vouchers.
- Paying with your mobile. Some SA casinos allow you to pay with your mobile subscription.
Pros and Cons of Mobile Casino Sites
If you want to play top mobile casino games, you don’t have to install gaming apps. All platforms that support mobile gaming have a responsive website. That means the design adjusts to the screen size of the device you are using. This is even the only option to access some mobile gambling platforms in South Africa.
You can consider a website an instant-play mobile casino. If you have an account registered on that platform, simply enter the address and log in to start playing. You can visit websites of mobile online casinos from any device. There’s no need to install anything, so you don’t have to worry about files that might harm your gadget.
How to Start Playing at Mobile Casinos?
There are two possible ways to start playing in the mobile casino.
- The first one is to download the casino application to your smartphone and use it to play casino games. This option is convenient as your favorite mobile casinos will always be within reach, but the application will consume some space in your smartphone memory so keep it in mind.
- Another way is to play in the online mobile casino. Most of the best online mobile gambling sites are just the mobile-friendly versions of the large online casinos. You can open them in your mobile browser and enjoy the games just as you would do from your computer. Both options are good until you play in the reliable casinos only, so just choose the one you feel more comfortable with.
How to Download Mobile Casino
Downloading it is a very simple process. All platforms offer a mobile-friendly website design, but only some are available as downloadable apps. You might find them on Google Play or App Store, but not all apps are there.
Some require you to go to the casino’s website and download an app. To do this, you have to be sure this is a trustworthy casino that won’t give you malware disguised as an app. If you are not sure, consult with our list. Here at CasinoHEX, you won’t see a casino that would endanger your security.
The other, more advanced way to download a casino app is using a QR code. If you don’t want to go to the casino’s website from your mobile phone, just scan a QR code on that page using a free QR code reader. These are not available universally, but many casinos have them.
South African Mobile Networks for Mobile Casinos
There are many mobile networks in South Africa. What is the best one for playing casino games from your smartphone? That’s easy – the network that has the best data support in the country.
According to the reports, MTN has the highest network quality score. That means you can rely on this network throughout the country. MTN also has the highest mobile download speed. Their average rate is 55.11Mbps, while Vodacom is second at 29.8Mbps. Fortunately, those speeds are more than enough to visit mobile casinos. Cell C, Telekom, Vodacom, and Rain also have decent data support, which means you can use them, too.
Mobile Casinos in South Africa
If you are looking for a South African casino for a mobile phone, you came to the right place. Here we have the complete list of the best mobile casinos with the widest choice of games and special offers. Among them, there are several casinos that we would like to highlight. The South African favorite online casinos Casino Days, Hyper casino, and FortuneJack casino have awesome mobile versions available from your smartphone browser. The Royal Vegas and the Betway mobile casinos have the official downloadable applications where you can play all the best video slots and other casino games from Microgaming and the live games by Evolution Gaming. ZAR is definitely the best mobile casino South Africa has to offer. It has a great quick registration option and the best mobile games by Rival, RTG, and other casino games providers.
Our website also provides comprehensive information about Android casinos, iPhone casinos, and iPad casinos to assist in your understanding of how the mobile gaming industry has changed in the last 5 years and how to play on different types of devices (tablet vs. smartphones).
FAQ about Mobile Casinos
How do I pay at a mobile casino?
- That part is an easy one in any mobile casino. You have to download the app, log in to your account and choose the option to tap it up. Once you do that, you will have a set of options. Most mobile casinos take credit cards, bank transfers, Skrill, and Neteller as payment options. Some casinos will also take Bitcoin, ecoPayz, Paysafecard, and EasyEFT. All of them are available from mobile.
Is playing in a mobile casino safe?
- Yes, it’s 100% safe to play mobile casino games. Make sure to stick to reliable apps and providers. You can check out the list of reliable brands on this page. If you install a mobile app, make sure to do that from the official website or the app store on your device. Otherwise, you might risk installing a virus. Apart from being cautious when choosing, mobile casinos are perfectly reliable. As long as you stick to our list, you can rest assured all platforms are safe.
What games can be played in mobile casinos?
- All the casino games you can imagine. Any good and reliable mobile casino has a wide range of games in its portfolio. They bring all kinds of classic and video slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, video poker, scratch cards, and craps to your mobile screen, so the only problem you have is to choose which game you are going to play today. Generally speaking, you have all the games you would have on a regular online casino site but 100 times handier. The quality of mobile games is as good as of their computer counterparts as many companies have switched to the HTML5 technology that lets them keep the great operation quality of slots and other casino games both in regular and mobile casinos.
Can I pay in Rands at all mobile casinos?
- The supported currencies only depend on the mobile casino for real money that you select. That means it’s necessary to check if Rand is among the available currencies on your preferred platform. Many websites open to South African players accept ZAR payments. And even if their default currency is different, you might still be able to pay with Rand. The system will convert your ZAR to USD or other default currency on the platform. The problem, however, is that the exchange rate might be unfavorable, and you could end up paying more.
Can I log into the same online casino account on mobile?
- If you want to play in a mobile version of the casino where you already have the account, you can just enter your login details in the mobile casino on your smartphone or tablet. We can bet you would hardly come back to the regular online casino after this experience. Try this, and you will understand how cool it is to play your favorite casino games while staying in bed or on the road. Useful tip: you can now kill time during a boring movie in the cinema without bothering your friends.
How do I withdraw money from a mobile casino?
- If you play in a mobile casino for real money, you will need to withdraw your winnings one day. The process is as easy as in any online desktop casino and depends only on the payment method you’ve chosen. It can be a credit card, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, ecoPayz method, and so on. The detailed information about possible depositing and withdrawal methods can be found in the Terms & Conditions of the mobile casino you are playing in.