You wanted to join an online casino and use a tempting welcome deal. While you were reading the terms of your promotion, you came across the term “wagering requirements.”
Beginners are often confused by that condition. That’s why we prepared a detailed guide on what you should know regarding the wagering requirements. You’ll learn basics about these conditions and how to find the best low wagering bonuses for SA players. Here is what online gamblers need to be aware of with these casino terms!
Wagering Requirements Meaning
Online casinos offer an impressive range of promotions for new and existing players. Each deal comes with certain conditions. All users that choose to go ahead with a certain promo agree to those terms. The offer usually includes bonus funds or free spins to use on the website. That means you’ll use the received assets to bet on the platform. In other words, to place wagers.
Wagering requirements appear as part of online casino bonus deals. They refer to the terms you need to meet to withdraw the extra funds provided by the platform. By default, you receive the bonus sum for playing on that website. The wagering requirements meaning refers to what you need to do to submit a cash-out request for that amount.
What Are Casino Wagering Requirements?
Let’s clarify the basics first and answer this question – what is wagering in gambling? That is placing a bet on a particular game while hoping for the predicted outcome. If the desired outcome happens, you qualify for a prize. And if it doesn’t, you lose the invested funds and have the option of placing a new bet.
Now, what is a wagering requirement in an online casino? That’s the condition attached to the bonus sums or free spins you get for playing on the website. It refers to the number of times to play through the received bonus sum before withdrawing it.
For example, a casino might describe this condition as “20x.” That means you need to wager the bonus sum 20 times before you can withdraw the funds. Depending on the deal, the requirement might be 5x, or it could be 100x.
Most casinos will show you two different categories in your balance. The first one will refer to the actual money you invested, and the second will be the bonus sum. Unless your bonus is “sticky,” the real cash you deposited won’t have anything to do with the extra amount. After reaching the condition, the bonus sum will move to the “real cash” category. That indicates you can withdraw it.
Wager-Free Casino Bonus Offers
Most casino bonuses come with wagering conditions. Only a portion of promotions is available wager-free. These deals aren’t easy to find, but they have a huge advantage. You receive prizes as free cash.
Here are some examples of wager-free casino bonus deals:
- Deposit offers that strictly mention they are free from wagering requirements. That usually means you only need to play through the sum once to make it eligible for withdrawal.
- Bonus spin offers with wager-free terms. Anything that you win with extra spins gets added to your account as real cash.
- Cashback. These deals for loyal players often don’t come with any strings attached.
- Cash prizes in promotions. If the rewards are actual cash, that means you don’t have to play through that sum.
Reasons Why Casinos Have Wagering Requirements
Why would any online casinos even implement these conditions? There are multiple reasons why internet gambling operators have wagering requirements.
- They don’t want to give away free money. If you can double your deposit just by adding it to your account, you’d be able to withdraw it and profit right away. Nothing good for the casino comes out of that.
- They want to motivate the players to try the site. The wagering requirements will inspire the player to try casino games. That way, they might attract the user to the website and turn them into regular visitors.
- They strive to meet anti-laundering regulations. If there aren’t any wagering requirements, it increases the risk of fraud and laundering money via online casinos.
How Hard It Is to Complete Wagering Requirements
That directly depends on answering this question – what are wagering requirements for your deal? Let’s compare two situations. The first one is a casino that offers a 3x, and the second offers a 10x wagering condition.
Now, let’s assume you plan to invest ZAR50, and you receive a 100% deposit bonus. That means you get an additional ZAR50 to play with on the chosen website. If you pick a 3x wagering condition, that means you need to play through the sum three times. In other words, you have to wager ZAR150 to make the bonus funds available for withdrawing.
The alternative is the website with a 10x wagering condition. You will need to bet ZAR500 to convert the bonus funds to real money. So, it’s needless to say that it makes meeting the wagering requirements harder.
Another thing to note is that not all games contribute to the wagering requirements equally. An online casino has the sole discretion to decide which titles and genres contribute to the condition and at what rate. For example, slots might have a 100% contribution to the goal. On the other hand, roulette might have only a 50% mark. That implies you only calculate a half of each bet on roulette tables toward your goal.
Wagering Requirements Calculator
It’s not always easy to calculate the betting conditions in online casinos. That’s especially true when some deals are sticky and include the deposit, and different games can have different contributions. That’s where a wagering requirements calculator comes into play.
This tool is an excellent way to calculate your odds before accepting a casino bonus deal. You’ll understand how much you need to bet to meet the goal and withdraw your extra funds. Additionally, there’ll be a dilemma if you calculate right. You’ll know the result is definite, and that’s how much you need to wager to meet the bonus requirement.
Here is the information to enter in the calculator:
- Deposit sum. That’s how much you plan to deposit.
- Bonus amount. How much will you receive as bonus funds to play on the site?
- Wagering condition. This is actually the requirement specified by the gambling operator (for example, 10x).
- Bonus type. Is the bonus sticky, and does your deposit amount enter the wagering sum?
- Contribution. You can enter the desired contribution based on the games you plan to play.
The software will handle the necessary calculations and deliver the results instantly.
How to Calculate Wagering on Free Spins
You might encounter free spins no deposit no wagering requirements in casinos, but that doesn’t happen often. It’s more likely that free spins come with wagering conditions. But the question is how to calculate them correctly.
The actual number of free spins you receive from the casino doesn’t directly affect the wagering requirement. Whether you get 30 or 200 free spins, the important thing is how much you win with them. Each spin will have a specific value, and you’ll probably have a certain winning cap. The amount you win with your free spins gets into the calculation with the wagering requirement. That means you need to play through the won sum to withdraw the mentioned amount.
The formula is:
Free Spins Wins X Wagering Requirement
You might understand better with an example:
- You claim 30 free spins.
- After using those free spins on slot machines, you win ZAR20 as your bonus.
- The wagering requirement is 5x. You need to play through the ZAR20 five times. That means you need to invest ZAR20x5=ZAR100.
- Once you meet the wagering condition, you can withdraw the amount. Please note that different contributions depending on the game might apply.
How to Calculate Wagering on Deposit Bonuses
We’ll analyze two different situations when calculating betting conditions on deposit bonuses. First, you need to determine if the bonus is “sticky.” That means whether or not it includes the deposit amount.
It’s more common that the deposit and bonus funds are separate. If that’s the case, you use this simple formula to calculate the wagering requirement:
Bonus sum X Wagering requirement
So, if your bonus sum is ZAR20 and the wagering condition is 5x, the calculation is:
ZAR20 x 5 = ZAR100
That’s how much you need to wager to make the bonus sum eligible for withdrawals.
What If the Bonus Is Sticky and Includes the Deposit Amount?
If it includes the deposit amount, here is the formula to use:
(Deposit amount + Bonus sum) X Wagering requirement
For example, you deposit ZAR20 and receive the same sum as a bonus. The wagering condition is 5x, so the calculation is:
(ZAR20+ZAR20) X 5 = ZAR200
This is how much you should wager to make the sum available for a withdrawal.
Tips to Beat Wagering Requirements
Before you even start considering deals in an online casino, don’t forget to check its license. You want to confirm the license comes from a reputable gaming body, such as the UK Gambling Commission. Once you validate the trustworthiness of the casino, it’s time to check the bonus deals.
Upon finding the bonus offer and claiming it, it’s time to focus on making it eligible for withdrawal. Whether you need to meet Betway wagering requirements or conditions on other platforms, these tips can help:
- Play games with a maximum contribution. You should only focus on titles that have a 100% contribution toward the wagering condition.
- Find games with high RTP. Choosing titles with the highest average return to players enhances your odds to win.
- Take things slowly. You should keep your bets low. If it happens that you win big, move to another game if possible.
Why It Is Important to Learn More About Wagering Requirements Before Playing?
You need to read the terms of every bonus deal before you accept it. The licensing authorities require casinos to mention wagering requirements clearly. You shouldn’t have problems finding this info on the operator’s website. It helps to read other conditions to ensure you are comfortable with all terms of that bonus. If there’s any dilemma, don’t hesitate to contact customer support to clarify it.
It’s important to know all the specifics of the bonus so you can pick the right deal. While comparing bonuses, these conditions can help you to pick a better option. If possible, you should aim to find the lowest wagering requirement possible. That makes it easier to meet the conditions and withdraw funds to your bank account.