It appears that most South Africans play online lotto for fun but also with the hope of winning a prize. However, if you are playing to win a prize, you need to understand how lottery games work. Aside from luck, you also need some lotto tips to increase your chances of winning.
Unfortunately, the lotto is perceived as a game of chance; hence there is no need for tips to win. Right now, you will learn about some of the lotto tips used by experts to cash out huge prizes. Interestingly, the lotto tips outlined here can be used to win at an online casino too.
About Lotto in South Africa
To truly understand the workings of online lotto in South Africa, let’s catch a glimpse of how it started. In the past, online lotto was not available in South Africa. You had to visit a retail outlet to buy a ticket.
The first lotto draw in South Africa was held on the 11tth of March 2000. Initially, lotto draws were held once a week. But in 2019, daily lotto draws started in March. Besides purchasing tickets online, you can buy a ticket via an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), a retail store, etc.
How to Play Online Lotto in SA
Notably, playing the lotto online in SA is easier and more convenient than its offline version. Also, at the online lotto, your entry number is checked automatically, and if you emerge the winner, you are notified. Follow these steps to play online lotto in South Africa:
- Create a lotto account or login if you have one
- Choose six numbers between 1 to 52
- Select the draws you want to enter
- Pick a payment method and pay for your entries
- An email confirming your entries will be sent to you to confirm your purchase
Lotto Winning Tips
Here is the reason you have been reading. As far as the lotto is concerned, one wrong move can cost you a huge prize. Follow the lotto tips outline below to win huge prizes:
- Betting on One Lotto Number Group: Choosing all the six lotto numbers from one group is not a wise move. Unfortunately, some bettors in South Africa make this mistake. It is very unlike that all six numbers will be drawn from one lotto group. In other words, pick your numbers randomly from various lotto groups.
- Avoid Common Lotto Combination: One of the mistakes thousands of lotto players make is to choose common number combinations. For instance, the most common combinations are 1, 2, 3,4,5,6. More so, these common combinations barely win a lotto game. So it’s better to select uncommon number combinations for a better chance to win.
- Don’t Pick Numbers with the Same Last Digit: Many players believe that choosing entries with the same last digits can make them win. However, this lotto betting pattern has not recorded any success. From various findings, picking numbers with not more than one repeated last digit is better.
- Consistency: Although it may not make sense, playing the lotto consistently if you want to win is ideal. This gives you a better chance because you will understand which numbers win weekly.
- Budgeting: Don’t fail to draw out a budget before you start playing. More so, it is better to stick with the funds earmarked for a lotto game. This way, you will not use all your money for the lotto.
Online Lotto Vs. Offline Lotto Comparison
Considering how the lottery industry has changed, let’s see the major differences between online lotto and offline lotto.
|Online Lotto||Offline Lotto|
|Punters can make entries and pay from anywhere||You have to visit the lotto retail store to purchase a ticket|
|Your entry is automatically registered, and you will be notified if you win||Players have to listen to the news or visit the retail store to check if their ticket won|
|Privacy and security is guaranteed if you win||Winnings may be made public to notify the winner|
|You don’t need a ticket as evidence to show before cashing out||If the entry ticket is missing, you may lose your prize|
Finally, if you are a beginner, look out for lotteries that offer smaller odds but with a higher chance of winning. Strangely, the lotto with lower odds seems to offer players more winning chances. Aside from that, make sure that the online lotto company is approved and regulated by the National Lottery Commission in South Africa.
To crown it all, keeping faith and patience is also important to win an online lottery. It is safer to start with smaller amounts. Don’t forget, winning an online lottery is not as easy as it seems. Gamble Responsibly!