Like the brick-and-mortar blackjack casino games, the online version requires some skill to win. Top online casino experts often recommend blackjack because it’s not a game of chance.
Nonetheless, the strategies applied to win at brick-and-mortar blackjack games differ from online blackjack games. In other words, to win at online blackjack, you need to sharpen your skill and improve your understanding of the game.
As a newbie, the strategies and tips outlined here would improve your knowledge of online blackjack and possibly make a millionaire.
Online Blackjack: How to Get Started
The land-based blackjack casino games have some similarities with online blackjack for real money. Don’t forget that you need to sign up with a trusted online casino platform to play and win.
- Join a Table: Firstly, you need to join a blackjack table. Then each player is dealt a card by the dealer. More so, the dealer also deals himself a card. However, one of the dealer’s cards would face up.
- Hit or Stand: Calculate the value of your hand and that of the dealer. As you may know, to win a blackjack round, the value of your hand has to be close to 21. You can request to be dealt another card or stand so that the dealer moves to another player. Requesting another card implies that the current value of your hand won’t cause you to go bust. The word “stand” at online blackjack games means that you don’t want to be dealt another card, while the term “hit” means requesting the dealer to deal you a card.
- Hand Value: Depending on the move you made, if the value of your hand exceeds 21, then you are out of the game. If the value of your hand is 21 or less, then you would remain in the game.
- Dealer Reveals Card: When all the players at the table have made their decision, then the dealer would reveal the value of the card that is faced down. In other words, the card would be raised for all the players to see.
- Winner: The winner of the round is the player whose hand is closer to 21. If the dealer’s hand is closer or 21, then he wins the round. More so, your prize will depend on the amount you stake.
Meaning of Some Blackjack Terminologies
If you observe closely, you may have discovered that some blackjack terms have been used above. For a better understanding of the blackjack game, below of the most common terms:
- Dealer: The dealer at a blackjack game is like the umpire at a tennis game. However, the dealer also participates in the game.
- Hit: To request another card.
- Bust: When your hand value has exceeded 21.
- Stand: Not requesting another card.
- Stand-Off: This means that a player has the same hand value as the dealer.
- Surrender: As the name implies, forfeiting some part of your bet if you feel the dealer would win the round.
- Blackjack: It consists of a two-card hand of an ace and any card ten-valued card.
- Chip Up/Down: Increase your previous bet or reduce it in the next blackjack round.
In the case of a stand-off, bets are returned to the players. Therefore, a tie means that neither the player nor the dealer is a winner.
Blackjack Winning Tips
Most often, rookie blackjack players make some common mistakes. However, to win at a blackjack table online, use these tips:
- Don’t Split Two-Faced Cards: Splitting face cards and tens would not increase your chances of winning. The new card you draw may not be what you wanted.
- Stick to Budget: Stipulate an amount you want to spend at a blackjack table and stick by it.
- Split Aces and 8’s: Don’t forget a pair of 8’s gives values at 16; splitting these cards will not be a bad idea. Splitting 8’s gives a better chance to win the round.
Online Blackjack Vs. Brick-and-Mortar Blackjack
Let’s take a few bites at the differences between online blackjack and the usual land-based casino blackjack games.
|Online Blackjack||Brick-and-Mortar Blackjack|
|Offers convenience and privacy||Privacy is not guaranteed|
|Gives players an option to play for free and learn the game rules before proceeding with real money||A player (if a newbie) have to learn game rules while playing, whereby it’s possible to lose some money|
|There are a lot of blackjack variants to choose from||Just limited blackjack categories to pick from|
No doubt, blackjack is an interesting casino game. However, ensure that you play at an online casino that is regulated and licensed by trusted gambling agencies like the UK Gambling Commission or the Curacao Gambling Authority.