The game of baccarat, often called “Punto Banco”, has always had a reputation of being played by the richest gamblers only. However, that notion often scared away many average players who wanted to give it a try.
Nevertheless, a lot of online gamblers are discovering that baccarat is a good game for small stakes too. Aside from that, the house edge of online baccarat is smaller compared to other casino games. Not to mention, an online baccarat game can accommodate up to eight players.
Notwithstanding the number of players, the rules are the same. But that’s not all; it seems that very few gamblers understand how to play baccarat online.
Step by Step Online Baccarat Guide
For starters, online baccarat is a simple casino game. You mainly have to choose among three betting options: Player, Banker, and Tie. Let’s break it down into small bits!
- Choose your Game: Most online casinos may have different variants of online baccarat games. However, for starters, choose the standard baccarat game.
- Bet: Players have to make a bet before the game begins. In other words, it’s safer to bet in small amounts first.
- Picking an Option: As you may know, you have to pick between the Player, Banker, or Tie. A gambler can place a bet on the Player or Banker to win the round. Tap the “Deal” tab to instruct the dealer to deal two cards to each hard. To win, your hand must add up closer to nine.
Frankly, those are the basic steps to play baccarat online. However, let’s take you through the rules of online baccarat.
Online Baccarat Rules
As stated earlier, online baccarat can host eight or more players. Notwithstanding the number of players, the baccarat rules remain the same. Let’s get to it!
- Aces count as one while Jack, Queen, King, and ten are worth zero.
- Two to nine cards are counted as their face value
- If a player is dealt eight or nine cards right off the bat, it’s an automatic win.
- Where a hand’s value is more than nine, the number is dropped, while the second number is the main value of the hand. For instance, if the value is 15, number 1 is dropped, and the hand’s value is 5.
- If the Players’ hand’s value is less than five would be dealt another card. Also, this applies to the Banker.
Online Baccarat Strategies to Win Games
Online baccarat is straightforward, so don’t expect a complex strategy. Avoid using some complex winning systems. To win at online baccarat, use these three strategies:
- Bet on the Banker: Betting on the Banker is the best bet to win. The probability of the Banker winning a round is far higher than the player. Approximately, the Banker’s has at least 45.86 percent of winning around. Meanwhile, the Player hand probability is approximately 40.62 percent.
- Stay Away from Tie Bets: Don’t bet on Tie. The probability of losing a Tie bet is one in eight bets.
- Side Bets: Also, like the Tie bet, avoid side bets. The payout is low too.
Don’t forget, budgeting is always a good betting strategy. Keep a certain amount to bet with and once it’s exhausted, try another day. This approach provides some caution against spending all your money on bets.
Free Online Baccarat Vs. Online Real Money Baccarat
Interestingly, most online casinos offer both. However, very few gamblers understand the difference between free online baccarat and real money baccarat.
|Free Online Baccarat||Online Real Money Baccarat|
|Punters won’t lose their money||Players can win and also lose their money|
|It’s a good way to practice and understand how to play online baccarat||It doesn’t allow gamblers to practice without depositing some money|
|Free online baccarat is not as interesting as playing for real money||It’s quite exciting because punters can win huge amounts of money|
Popular Online Baccarat Variations
Let’s look at some online baccarat variants that are often played at online casinos:
- American Baccarat: This is the standard online baccarat version discussed here. The bets on this version are on “Punto” and “Bunco”. It’s the same as Player and Banker.
- Chemin de Fer: Often played at land-based casinos in Europe. However, it’s also available at some online casinos. Here players take turns to be the Banker.
- Live Baccarat: The live baccarat allows you to play live from your mobile device. Punters can chat with live dealers and other players.
- Baccarat Banque: Here, the player that stakes the highest amount is automatically made the Banker. This is a mixture of American baccarat and Chemin de Fer.
Why Should I Play Online Baccarat?
Online baccarat is a beautiful casino game to play for fun and real money. Also, you can try out the free baccarat game before you proceed with real money. Finally, make sure the online casino is licensed by reputable regulators like the Curacao Gambling Authority, Malta Gaming Authority, etc.